Saturday, August 14, 2010

Post-Appt Update

The appointment went well; I had my blood drawn for the glucose test, signed some consent forms for some of the newborn procedural stuff, and found out that I gained 10 lbs since my appoitment 5 weeks ago. This isn't surprising since I have been pretty immobile from this stupid back pain. I have had a few episodes of faintness accompanied by shakiness and some nausea despite my continual nourishment. She suggested that I buy iron drops since it sounds to her like I'm anemic and that's what's causing these problems. Oops, I should probably start taking that!

Anyway, we talked about the ultrasound that I had done and the report that she received on it. She spoke with the peri and they agreed that it has to be redone since the tech didn't know what the frick he was doing and didn't get enough shots of the placenta to know if I'm in the clear. I have yet to hear back from the office for scheduling of that scan.

After the appointment, I went to my chiropractor appointment and it took him about 4 minutes to realign my pelvis, which he said was all outta whack. I have felt much better since that adjustment. I go back in 3 weeks when my next midwife appointment is scheduled.

So I'm down 28 weeks, up 18 pounds, and still don't know where I will be delivering. I'll hold off ordering my birthing kit until I know if I'm high or low risk.

Once I get over this cold that is surfacing, I'm going to make it a point to start being more active so as to avoid blimping out and gaining a bunch of weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment