Monday, August 9, 2010

3rd Trimester!

I am officially 28 weeks pregnant and man, am I feelin' it! If I am up and around very much I get pretty wiped out. This child is definitely getting stronger. Sometimes he/she will kick so hard, it hurts!

I see my midwife this week and I have my glucose draw. I have to remember to eat complex carbs and protein 2 hours before my appointment. If I fail, I have to drink the glucola for my 3-hour. I've never failed, so I'm not worried about it. My chiropractor appointment is also coming up this week. Hopefully it will be a miracle cure for this creaky old back 'o mine. I've got to make it a point to get my abs back in shape after this baby's born.

Life Update:

Chloe starts Pre-K next week and I'm thrilled/a little freaked out. I am going shopping this week for clothes for her and Auron for the winter and hopefully I can find a few neutral items for this baby. I also have to find her a backpack- particularly one WITHOUT freakin' Dora or any other stupid-ass character. I really hate for my kids to be walking advertisements. Daniel thinks it's cute which is bad for me because it makes it a bigger struggle to fight against it.

I'm trying to get an idea of lunches for Chloe because I will not subject her to public elementary school food. Barf. And since she's ridiculously picky, that probably means a lot of pb&j, but at least it's organic and whole grain! If she could have cereal easily, I'd do that because she can eat cereal for every snack and meal. I think lunch is my #1 concern right now because I won't be there to tell her to finish her food. Hopefully by strategically making it super cute, she'll gobble it down.

The other thing I'm wondering about is how Auron is going to handle being Chloe-free for 32 hours a week... I think I'll be able to take him to work with me since they each are infinitely better behaved for me when I they are separated. It will be nice to have some alone time with him for a little while before the new baby comes. He's never had that and I loved my time with Chloe when she was little.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your glucose test and the search for a non-Dora backpack, I am sure the backpack search will be harder than the glucose test!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Thanks Sherri! Daniel and Chloe got to the backpack section before I did so I didn't get to be there for the selection, but she chose Hello Kitty. MUCH better than Dora!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to settle on the backpack!

    I was so hoping you would get some definate answers at your appointment! Hope you are able to get an answer soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Michelle! I should find out soon! The sooner, the better, for my sanity!

    ReplyDelete