Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tiger Baby

I wasn't expecting to get pregnant during the second month of trying but WE DID IT!

Now I hadn't been feeling particularly pregnant but decided to get ahead of myself, my Dollar Tree tests and start testing a few days before my period was due.. just in case!

I woke up yesterday for the first morning catch, took the test, and checked it about 5 times before concluding that it was negative and probably too early anyway. A little bit later while Daniel was in the shower, I took it out of the drawer and it had a positive line. Whoa, hey! What's that?

I told Daniel, "I think I just got a positive test..."


Daniel's instant reaction: "So THAT'S why you've been such a bitch!"

Totally! At least, that's a reeally good excuse for calling him an idiot one day and stupid the next (I try to restrain myself and keep my words relatively unhurtful).

I cracked up laughing; it was such a perfectly honest and reasonable response. I told him that it wasn't definite yet because there was a chance it could just be an evaporation line and that I was barely 5 days pre-period (yet 10 DPO!).

I happened to have a doctor's appointment scheduled that morning for a mole and decided to talk to him about the possibility of a pregnancy. I told the nurse about it and so when the dr walked in he said, "Are you pregnant?" He has a small ultrasound machine in the OB exam room and went ahead and looked to see what was there. AND HE SAW IT! Well, there wasn't much to see since it's so early but there was something there. He told me to wait a little bit and keep testing; not to take the u/s as a confirmation.

So I left knowing that it was definitely a yes, even though he wasn't positive about it. I took two more tests between last night and this morning and they were both positive.

November 1st, it is!

Daniel and I are very excited and I think he's more warm to it than he has been in the past (this early on, anyway).

As far as feeling pregnant, there is no doubt. Auron wants to nurse all the time and pinch the 'unused' nipple which reminds me of the oh-so-pleasant pregnancy soreness that I get every time (although the right is much more sore than the left), the famous frequent urination, intermittent exhaustion, crampiness, apparent "bitchiness," and bloated/heaviness in the belly.

Now I have to have my pregnancy "confirmed" so that I can sign up for Medicaid, which will pay for my delicious natural birth at a birth center in Albuquerque.

I really hope I'm not too tired to continue college, work part-time, and take care of my two little monkeys all day. I can't wait to have a belly so that I can wear the cutie cute maternity clothes from Kiki's Fashions.com.

Wish my dang prenatals would come in. I'm almost out of my good vegetarian ones.

I keep peeing on sticks to feel the joy I get when the pink line appears.

Yay, baby! Now it's naptime.

2 comments:

  1. I'm very happy for you all! What a blessing! I love that you tested again and again just to see the positive! :)
    Love, Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Trac! I keep doing it and I have them all lined up on the counter so that I can see the progression of light to dark. Daniel comes home and says, "more piss sticks!?" lol.

    ReplyDelete