Sunday, June 13, 2010

Halfway There!

I'm 20 weeks pregnant today and I'm happy to have the first half over with because that means I am that much closer to having a new yummy baby. I've been having fun cuddling babies at work and it has really helped get me excited about having a new baby again and less nervous about the prospect of THREE to handle and the stress that comes with it.

At my last midwife appointment I had gained 2 pounds and everything looked good. I can feel the baby moving so much now and I love that! I bought the first thing for this baby a few weeks ago- a light blue onesie. I liked seeing Chloe in blue (it brought out her eyes) so it works for either gender. It's going to be different shopping for more gender-neutral clothing this time but I'm not going to start for another few months. Our biggest purchase is going to be a new convertible carseat. I hate infant carriers and stopped using them after Chloe; I didn't miss it a bit with Auron. It was much easier just to put him in the sling, especially since Chloe was under 2 when he was born.

Since it's my blog and I can bitch if I want to, I'm going to spend some time bitching about infant carriers and how inconsiderate people are to their babies when in them! I work at the WIC office and I see babies ALL the time. When parents/whoever carry babies in infant carriers, they forget to handle the baby with care and he/she gets jostled all over the place. On a regular basis! Secondly, almost no one knows how to properly restrain their child in such a seat and it poses such a unnecessary risk to them- usually because they don't care about it or don't want the baby to be uncomfortable. Come on people! Get your shit together! Your baby's life is at stake every time you drive with him/her in the car!

Alrighty, I'm done with that.

So I'm doing great! Baby's great! It's all downhill from here.

Reminder to self: post regarding age spacing between siblings; I had a bit of an epiphany!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, i am from the october/november ec's on ivillage :) i'm glad everything is going well with your pregnancy and you haven't gained much! I also just barely hit the 20 week mark and isn't it so exciting?

    I actually really like using the infant carrier for when the baby falls asleep and you want to go shopping or something like that, but I couldn't agree with you more about people seriously abusing the things!! I see people all the time who carry it around and practically never even take the baby out, even when the kid is wide awake!! it drives me crazy, and I don't even see it all that much so I'm sure working at WIC and seeing people with the carriers must seriously annoy the hell out of you!

    anyway, im glad everything is good with you and the baby :) and just curious, what are you going to school for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cassandra. I recognized you from the ECs. Thanks for following me! I'm attending Kaplan U online, working toward my Bachelor's in Health and Wellness (to back up my lactation consultant certification later on). You're in school in LA right?? I'm going on vacation to LA next week!

    ReplyDelete