Friday, April 9, 2010

Heartbeat detected on doppler!

My first real prenatal appointment happened yesterday and was apparently excruciatingly painful for my poor hubby! It lasted an hour and a half because we talked about diet, previous birth experiences, my pleurisy, acid reflux, took blood, heard the heartbeat (yay!), and all that other stuff that you do at the first appointment. But really, boo-hoo! All he had to do was sit there, pretend like he cared (3rd-time dad= not so excited at appts anymore!), and respond to questions that the midwife had for him. He not-so-subtly requested to be spared from the pain of future appointments. What a baby!

Anyway, enough about him! It took a little bit of trying, but she finally heart the heartbeat with the doppler and it was much higher in my abdomen than I had thought it would be.

According to her scale, I had not gained any weight but by the work scale, I have gained 2 pounds. Either way is fine. I just hope it stays relatively low because it's hard to be big and pregnant and FAT on top of that!

I think I may have felt ONE tiny tap from the belly munchkin the other night... but, maybe it was gas! Movement is my #1 favorite thing about pregnancy. I can't wait!

I'm basically quadrupling my hours at work and that is going to be tough since the kids get majorly bored there and I don't want to have to depend on my grandma another 8 hours a week. Maybe we'll work out a way for them to stay occupied at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment