Tuesday, January 26, 2010

When I think of being pregnant, I eat hot sauce.

So we're offically trying to conceive our third child and I never thought I'd be here. My plan was always to have 2, stay home with them, and go back to working full-time when they started school.

But plans change and you never know what Future You is going to want until it turns into Present You. About 8 months ago I started getting a little tickle inside that meant "have another baby!" but I wasn't in a place to acknowledge its existence. I had finally gotten used to juggling 2 kids and was happy with life. I could not fathom throwing another into the mix! So I pushed it away and set up semi-permanent residence in Denial.

I was able to sustain this stubbornness until 2 months ago. All of a sudden I woke up with a bad case of Baby Fever. Luckily for me I work around moms and babies all the time but this only exaggerated my feeling of need. This lasted a week and then disappeared and I was left with the peaceful acceptance of another baby.

Now it's just a waiting game and in the meantime I'm prepping my body to grow life. I'm also preparing mentally and here's where the hot sauce comes in. I get terrible acid reflux when I'm pregnant and in anticipation of this I've had a very long-running craving for hot sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment