Monday, May 24, 2010

17 weeks

This is a belly shot taken at 17 weeks, 1 day at midday. I mention the time of day because, as every pregnant woman knows, the size of your belly increases with the time of day. It has gotten a lot bigger in the past week or two. I have had a permanent outie/turkey button since my pregnancy with Chloe. In fact the later I get in pregnancy, the more pressure there is in the button and the discomfort is both weird and intensely annoying. I've tried taping pennies and marbles over for counterpressure, but the amount of force of the uterus is overwhelming and nothing helps. The pressure is at a minimum right now but my uterus is about even with my navel and I expect an increase in discomfort within the next couple of weeks.
I started feeling much more pregnant this week, although it feels more like 27 weeks than 17 so this summer is going to be interesting.

In other news, we bought the most incredible Mom-mobile last week and we all love it! It's a 2007 Honda Odyssey and has so many features, it's ridiculous!


Driving 10+ hours to California next month is going to be great- especially with the built-in DVD player to keep the kids occupied. The GPS will be extremely helpful in navigating through L.A.

3 comments:

  1. You look great! Congrats on the new vehicle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 16 weeks this week and I definitely started feeling "more pregnant this week" as well!

    ReplyDelete