Sunday, July 4, 2010

23 Weeks and VACA!


Alrighty, so I've been MIA because I went on an INCREDIBLE vacation in Los Angeles! We stayed with some great friends who took great care of us. We went to the Long Beach Aquarium, Venice Beach, Redondo Beach, took a quick tour of LA hotspots, and ate at some delicious restaurants- although I have to say that I had the best food at home where our hostess prepared authentic Japanese cuisine! I think shabu shabu was my favorite! Here are some pics from the trip:

Now onto the pregnancy update.

I am now 23 weeks and the baby's movements have gotten really strong and fun! I do not enjoy when s/he kicks my downstairs, but it's so fun when s/he squishes all to one side and my belly is lopsided. Everything is going well; my next midwife appointment is this week on my birthday and my mom is going with me. I am going to ask to schedule my anatomy scan so that, if my placenta is attached at my C-section incision site and I have to deliver in the hospital, I have time to mentally prepare for that. I'm praying that it is good and out of the way because I really want a better birth this time with few interventions.
I'll update again after that appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment